Examples of prices
These are some examples of prices in Marrakech so you can set aside the right amount of money for your trip:
- Freshly squeezed orange juice bought in Jemaa el-Fnaa: 10 dirhams
- Dinner for two in a relatively good restaurant: From 120 dirhams
- Double room in an inexpensive riad: From €30 per night (£25 - $33)
- Double room in one of the best riads of Marrakech: From €60 per night (£52 - $67)
- Taxi from Menara Airport to the city centre: Between 90 and 110 dirhams
- Taking a taxi in the city centre: Between 10 and 20 dirhams
- Visiting Marrakech’s top attractions: Between 10 and 50 dirhams each attraction.
It is customary to leave between 10 and 15% tip in restaurants. If you take a taxi and the driver has put the taximeter, you can also give a 10% tip.
Haggling is part of the way of life in Marrakech, like in the rest of the Arab World. You will have to haggle and bargain (whether you want to or not) in the Medina’s souks, shops, with taxi drivers…basically everywhere except for restaurants.