If you're in Marrakech for longer than a weekend break, there is nothing more authentic than a desert trip where you spend the night in a traditional Berber tent.
2 Day Zagora Desert Trip
Day 1: Ait Ben Haddou - Draâ Valley - Zagora
On the first day we leave Marrakech behind at 8 am, on the road to Zagora. On the way we pass through the Tizi-N-Tichka mountain pass, a road which crosses the High Atlas 2260 metres up, and from where various Berber villages can be seen.
Having made a brief stop at the Ait Ben Haddou Kasbah, we continue on the way to Zagora, crossing the Anti Atlas and seeing the Berber village of Agdez, the Draâ Valley and its palm grove, the last sign of vegetation before entering the desert.
The tour arrives in Zagora with enough time to ride a camel and enjoy the desert sunset, and having eaten a traditional dinner we spend the night in an authentic Berber tent.
Day 2: Zagora - Draâ Valley - Ouarzazate
Waking up early on day 2 to enjoy an unmissable sight: daybreak in the desert. After the sun has risen, and having eaten a good breakfast, we return to Zagora by camel to continue the excursion (depending on the type of camp, your breakfast and shower might be before the camel ride).
Once again we pass through the Draâ Valley and Agdez to arrive at Ouarzazate, where we will visit the Taourit Kasbah.
In the afternoon we leave back on the road to Marrakech. You may eat in Ouarzazate or on the road.
The tour arrives back in Marrakech in the late afternoon.
Our camp has more home comforts than you would expect from a desert tent, including shared baths and showers. The tents have a capacity of up to 5 people, but you will not have to share the tent with strangers: we offer a tent per couple.
If you want to do this tour privately with your partner, family or group of friends please contact us. The private tour can be taken on any day of the week: the price is €420 for 2 people, €460 for 3, €520 for 4, €590 for 5 and €630 for 6.
More than 2 days?
If you have more than 2 days, why not take a look at one of our slightly longer desert excursions to the Merzouga desert.
Hotel Pick Up
If you're staying outside the old town, we'll pick you up for free from your hotel or riad. If your hotel is in the outskirts of Marrakech, pick up will include a supplement of between € 10 (US$ 12.20) and € 40 (US$ 48.60) depending on the area.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 25 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 75% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children from 2 to 10||Children under 2|
|English Language Tour||
US$ 145.90 US$ 103.30
US$ 72.90 US$ 60.80
English Language Tour
AdultsUS$ 145.90 US$ 103.30
Children from 2 to 10US$ 72.90 US$ 60.80
Children under 2Free
* A reservation for one person will include a supplement.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in spanish, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Pick up and drop off from hotels outside the Medina.
Transport in a 4X4 or minibus
English speaking driver.
Accommodation in a Berber tent
Sunrise and sunset camel rides
Dinner and breakfast in the desert.
29% discount on the official ticket price.
Lunches and drinks.
Guide at Ait Ben Haddou: € 2 (US$ 2.40) per person.
When to book?
Bookings are permitted up until 12 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - Will there be phone signal on the tour?
A - Yes, even in the desert, but you must have the Maroc Telecom sim card.
Q - Is it possible to hire an official guide?
A - If you would like an official guide can be contracted for €50 per day.
Q - How many people fit in the family haimas?
A - Family haimas can fit up to 4 people.
Q - Can we stay in Ouarzazate and not return to Marrakech?
A - Yes, but please inform the driver on the first day.
Q - Are there vegetarian options for the dinner?
A - Yes, there will be vegetarian options.
Q - In which hotels is free pick up available?
A - We will contact you to specify the exact pick up time and place.
Q - Is it possible to take this tour without the camel ride?
A - It is required to inform in advance to check the possibility with the local supplier.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Café de France, Jemaa el-Fnaa Square.