Make the most of your time in Marrakech exploring its spectacular desert landscapes on a private tour: discover Merzouga or Zagora with your partner, family or friends.
Private Desert Trip
If you're staying in Marrakech and want to explore the desert at your leisure, you can book any of our private tours. These tours are 2 to 4 days long and include pick-up from your hotel or riad in Marrakech, transport in a luxury private vehicle with an English-speaking driver and standard or premium accommodation.
Here's what each trip includes:
2 Day Zagora Desert Tour
Get an authentic experience of Morocco on a 2-day trip to the Zagora Sahara Desert and visit traditional Berber communities. The itinerary is similar to our 2 Day Zagora Desert Trip.
You'll travel across part of the Atlas mountain range, the Drâa Valley and its palm grove before entering the magical Zagora Desert, where you'll ride a camel and spend the night in a traditional Berber haima.
The next day, you'll get up early to enjoy an unforgettable desert sunrise and head back to Marrakech via the Drâa Valley and Agdez. On the way, you'll stop at Ouarzazate to visit the Kasbah Taourirt.
3 Day Merzouga Desert Tour
Discover the contrasts of the different landscapes of Morocco on a fun-filled 3-day tour to Merzouga from Marrakech. The itinerary is similar to our 3 Day Sahara Desert Trip.
On the first day, you'll head to Kasbah de Ait-Ben-Haddou, a fascinating fortified city. Afterwards, upon arrival in Ouarzazate, you'll explore the Kasbah of Taourirt. Then you'll head across the Valley of the Roses and spend the night in the stunning Dadès Gorges.
On the second day, you'll explore the Dadès Valley and the Todra Gorge and before crossing the Jorf Palm Grove and Erfoud until you reach the Merzouga Desert, where you'll spend the night.
You'll begin the last day of the tour with a magnificent desert sunrise before driving through the spectacular Anti-Atlas until you get to Tazarine. Then you'll continue back to Ouarzazate along the spectacular Drâa Valley. You'll stop at Ouarzazate to have lunch before heading back to Marrakech.
When making your reservation, you'll have the option of ending this tour in Fez instead.
4 Day Merzouga Desert Tour
Discover one of Morocco's most beautiful deserts as well as some of the most incredible landscapes on this 4-day trip. The route will be similar to our 4 Day Merzouga Desert Trip.
On the first day we'll head to the Atlas Mountains until we reach the Kasbah of Ait Ben Haddou, the most impressive fortified city in Morocco, and the set for movies such as Lawrence of Arabia, Gladiator and Kingdom of Heaven. From there we'll make our way to the Skoura, Kelaat M'gouna and Dadès Gorges, where we'll spend the night.
The second day will take us on a tour of the Dadès Valley, the Todra Gorge and the Jorf Palm Grove. We'll also cross the beautiful village of Erfoud to reach Merzouga, where we'll go on a camel ride through the desert.
On the third day of the tour we'll hop back on the camels to enjoy a sunrise in the desert. We'll return to Ouarzazate heading through the Tafilalet Palm Grove and Rissani before arriving in Alnif to take the Anti Atlas road to Tazarine, N'kob and finally to the Drâa Valley. At the end of the day, we'll return to the hotel in Ouarzazate.
On the last day, we'll visit the Atlas Film Studios and the famous Kashbah Taourirt. The tour will end in Marrakech.
On the 2 day trip to Zagora, you'll stay at a desert camp with lots of facilities, including shared toilets and showers. The nomad tents have a capacity of up to 5 people, but you won’t have to share your tent with other guests.
On the 3 and 4 day trips to Merzouga, you'll stay in standard or superior accommodation, either a 3-4 star hotel or a desert camp with shared bathrooms:
- Standard Category: Babylon Hotel, Dar Ahlam, Augberge Tifawen or similar (Dades), Haima camp (Merzouga), and Hotel Les Jardins, Azoul Hotel or similar in Ouarzazate.
- Superior Category: Ksar Sulta, Riad Rihana, Hotel Xaluca Dades or similar (Dades), Azawad Luxury Desert Camp or similar (Merzouga) and Dar Chamaa, Riad Tama, Le Petit Riad, Riad Ouarzazate or similar (Ouarzazate).
In both the hotels and the desert camps, the price indicated is per person sharing a double room. If you would prefer, triple and family rooms are also available.
Advantages of a private tour
When you book a private tour, you'll enjoy a personalised service with an exclusive English-speaking guide just for you, and you can do the tour whenever you like! What's more, if you're a bigger group, you'll save money!
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 75% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Choose the date and the number of people to see the total activity price.
The activity takes place with an escort that speaks in english and other languages.
Pick up and drop off at hotel, riad or other preferred location.
Transport by private 4x4 or minivan with air conditioning.
English speaking driver.
Fuel, tolls and all associated expenses.
Standard or premium accommodation with half board (breakfast and dinner).
When to book?
You can book up until 12 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.