Explore Merzouga desert, Erg Chebbi and the four Imperial Cities of Morocco on this complete private 8-day trip.
Private 8 Day Tour of Morocco
Day 1: Marrakech – Casablanca – Rabat
Leave Marrakech behind on a Toyota Landcruiser or luxury minibus and head to Casablanca, the economic and business center of Morocco. Upon arrival, you will visit the stunning Hassan II Mosque, the country’s largest sanctuary. Continue the excursion to Rabat, capital of Morocco. Here, discover Méchouar, the walls that surround the Royal Palace, followed by the Kasbah of the Udayas and the magnificent Mausoleum of Mohammed V. You will then be driven to your hotel in Rabat.
Day 2: Rabat – Meknes – Fez
After breakfast, hop back into the car and relax as you are driven to Meknes, one of the most important imperial city in Morocco. This city houses luxury palaces and beautiful mosques, as well as one of the most famous souks. Next, you will be led to the Roman Ruins of Volubilis. Founded in the third century B.C, Volubilis was an important settlement of the Roman Empire. In the evening, you will head to Fez, where you will spend the night.
Day 3: Fez
On the third day, you will spend the whole day exploring the fascinating city of Fez accompanied by a professional English-speaking guide. This is the oldest imperial city of Morocco, established in the eighth century by Idris II of Morocco. You will also have a chance to discover the city at nighttime, since you will spend your third night here.
Day 4: Fez – Arzou – Midelt – Erfoud – Merzouga
Hit the road bright and early and head south. The first stop of the day will be Ifrane, Morocco’s “Little Switzerland”. Then, as you drive through the cedar forests of Arzou, make sure to look out for Barbary apes, who live in these trees. Cross Ziz Valley and its dramatic gorges, visiting the villages of Midelt and Erfoud. From Erfoud, take a dirt road into the desert until you get to the small village of Merzouga in the southeast of Morocco. You will spend the night in a hotel at the edge of the sandy dunes.
Day 5: Merzouga – Erg Chebbi
Explore the desert for a whole day. Plow through the endless fields of dunes on your 4x4, visit Nomad settlements, marvel at various oasis and admire the dunes of Erg Chebbi, spreading 50 kilometers from north to south. Sitting on the dunes is the charming village of Khamlia, famous for the Gnawa music group which you will also visit. As the sun sets, climb onto a camel and enjoy a slight bumpy ride to the Berber desert camp, where you will have a traditional meal and spend the night.
Day 6: Merzouga – Todgha Gorges and Dades
After getting up early to witness an unforgettable sunrise, your camel will take you back to your hotel, where you will have breakfast and a refreshing shower (depending on the type of camp, your breakfast and shower might be before the camel ride). On day 6 you will visit the Todgha Gorges, one of the most spectacular canyons in the world. The day tour comes to an end at Dades Valley.
Day 7: Dadès Gorges – Skoura – Ouarzazate
Having had breakfast, we'll head into the Dadès Gorge before taking the Route of the Thousand Kasbahs through the Valley of the Roses, where you'll have time to explore the area at your own pace. The next stop will then be at the Skoura palm grove, home to the Kasbah Amridil. You'll then make your way to Ouarzazate where you will visit Taourirt Kasbah and spend the night.
Day 8: Ouarzazate – Aït Benhaddou – Marrakech
On the last day, you will marvel at the Ksar of Ait Ben-Haddou, a magnificent example of earthern buildings surrounded by a defensive wall, typical of southern Morocco. Climb into your car for the last part of the journey. Cross the Atlas Mountains through Tizi n'Tichka mountain pass, 2,260 meters high. Your 8-day trip will come to an end in Marrakech.
There are two options, standard (2-3 stars) and luxury (4 stars):
- Rabat : Ibis Mousafir / Dar Aida / Dar Alia / Riad Marhaba.
- Fez: Riad Dar Fes Medina / Riad Kenza / Dar Mehdi / Hotel Ibis.
- Merzouga (first night): Dar Tafouyte / Riad Mamouche.
- Merzouga (second night): Traditional Berber Camp
- Dades: Riad des Vieilles Charrues / Hotel Babylon / Kasbah Tifawen / Hotel Le Vieux Chateau du Dades.
- Ouarzazate: Hotel Les Jardins de Ouarzazate / Hotel La Valle / Hotel Saghro.
- Rabat : Hotel Rabat (5*) / Hotel Diwan / Riad Dar El Kebira / Riad Kalaa / Dar Zouhour.
- Fez: Riad Tafilalet / Riad Cordoba / Riad El Yacout / Hotel Barcelo.
- Merzouga (first night): Riad Nezha / Merzouga Guest House / Dar el Janoub / Riad Madu / Riad Azawad.
- Merzouga (second night): Azawad Luxury Desert Camp.
- Dades: Xaluca Dades / La Perle du dades / Auberge Chez Pierre.
- Ouarzazate: Kasbah Dar Chamaa / Hotel la Perle du Sud / Le Petit Riad.
Both hotels and tents are double occupancy only, there are no single rooms. You can however ask for a triple room or a family room if you prefer. The standard category rooms have communal showers in the camp, while the superior category rooms have a private bathroom in the haimas and showers in the camp.
Children between 2 and 10 years old have 50% off and infants under 2 do not pay. Please contact us if you would like to book this activity with children up to 10 years old.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 75% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Choose the date and the number of people to see the total activity price.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Private multi day trip, only for you, your friends and family.
Pick up at your hotel, riad, airport or an arranged meeting point.
Transportation by 4x4 Toyota Landcruiser or luxury minibus.
English speaking chauffeur.
7 nights accommodation (4 nights with breakfast and dinner and 3 nights just with breakfast).
Fuel, tolls and other similar costs.
Local English speaking guide in Fez and Volubilis.
Camel ride to get to the Berber camp.
Dinner in Rabat and Fez.
Admission tickets to the monuments.
When to book?
You can book up until 18 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.