Are you a cinema buff? Would you like to get to know another Morocco outside Marrakech? Do you want to visit the most famous walled cities in the country? On this trip to Ouarzazate you will enjoy something a little different.
Leaving Marrakech behind we hit the road in the direction of the Grand Atlas Mountains. On the way we cross the mountain range, the mountain pass of Tizi n'Tichka, 2,260 metres high, enjoying the breathtaking mountain passages, taking in along the way Berber villages and their farms.
Before our arrival at Ouarzazate, we pass by Aït Benhaddou, the tour's star attraction. This walled city is one of the most famous locations in all Morocco, known as the location of numerous film shoots: Lawrence of Arabia, Gladiator, The Mummy and the TV show Game of Thrones have all used the stunning location.
Having arrived at Ouarzazate, you will have free time to eat, pass through the city, visit the Kasbah of Taourirt (an impressively fortified building) or take a look around the cinema museum to find out why Ouarzazate is known as "Africa's Hollywood."
The tour will arrive back in Marrakech in the late evening.
Hotel Pick Up
If you're staying outside the old town, we will pick you up from our hotel or riad. If your hotel is in the Marrakech outskirts, you will have to pay a supplement of between $10 and $45 (€10 and €40) depending on the distance.
If you would like to hire a local guide to pass through Aït Benhaddou, ask for prices on the day of the tour.
If you would like to take this tour with an exclusive guide, you can book this as a private tour.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 2 and 12||Children under 2|
|English Language Tour||
English Language Tour
Children between 2 and 12US$ 39.30
Children under 2Free
The tour is exclusively in English.
Transport in a 4X4 or luxury minibus
English speaking driver.
Pick up from hotels outside the historic centre.
Entry to the kasbahs
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (8:00 PM local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How long does each visit take?
A - The visit to Ait Ben Haddou lasts approximately an hour. The tour of Ouarzazate takes about 40 minutes and there is approximately an hour of free time to eat.
Q - From which hotels is free pick up available?
A - We will contact you to specify the exact pick up time and place.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 3 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you are staying in the historic centre you should meet at the Café de France in the Jemaa el-Fnaa Square. If you are staying outside the historic centre we will come and pick you up for free