Leave Marrakech behind on this 5-day private trip to the magnificent Imperial Cities of Morocco. Marrakech, Fez, Meknes and Rabat are all former capitals of the country.
Day 1: Marrakech – Ouzoud Falls - Beni Mellal
Hop into a Toyota Landcruiser from your hotel and head northeast to the impressive Ouzoud Falls at 8am. After visiting one of the country’s natural wonders, you will continue towards the city of Beni Mellal, situated between the Middle Atlas Mountains and Atlas Mountains. After touring this fast-growing metropolis, you will be driven to your hotel.
Day 2: Beni Mellal – Azrou – Ifrane – Fez
After enjoying a delicious breakfast, hit the road in direction of Fez through the Middle Atlas Mountains, stopping along the way at Ifrane and Azrou. While you drive through the cedar forests, you will spot Barbary apes.
Day 3: Fez
On the third day, you will visit the striking city of Fez. This is the oldest imperial city of Morocco, established in the eighth century by Idris II of Morocco.
Greet your local English-speaking guide and embark on a walking tour of the oldest walled part of Fez, Fes el Bali. It was founded between 789 and 808 AD and it is currently, one of the largest preserved medieval sites in the world. A UNESCO World Heritage center for over thirty years.
In the heart of the Medina is the Al-Attarine Madrasa, one of the most beautiful madrasa in the city with an exquisitely decorated patio. Then, follow your guide to Fondouk el-Nejjarine and to Zaouia of Moulay Idris, shrine and tomb of Idris II, founder of Fez.
Next, you will visit Al-Qarawiyyin Mosque, which belongs to Al-Qarawiyyin University, the oldest academy, built in 880. Lastly, you will discover Fes Jdid, the city’s “New Town”.
Day 4: Fez – Meknes – The Roman Ruins of Volubilis – Rabat
Leave Fez behind and head to the Atlantic Ocean to visit Meknes, one of the most important imperial cities of Morocco. Established in the eleventh century by the Almoravids, the city is home to opulent palaces, beautiful mosques and large souks.
After admiring Meknes, you will be driven to the Roman Ruins of Volubilis. Founded in the third century B.C, Volubilis was an important settlement of the Roman Empire and as you wander through the archaeological site, you will marvel at its vestiges, witnesses of its different occupations throughout the centuries.
Conclude the day in Rabat, capital of Morocco, where you will visit Méchouar, the walls that surround the Royal Palace and the Kasbah of the Udayas. As well as the magnificent Mausoleum of Mohammed V. We will spend the night in Rabat.
Day 5: Rabat – Casablanca – Marrakech
On the last day of this private excursion, you will be driven to the famous Casablanca, the largest city of the country. You will tour its top sights, like the Hassan II Mosque, one of the largest sanctuaries in the world.
After visiting Casablanca, hop back on your all-terrain vehicle and head back to Marrakech. You will arrive at approximately 5pm.
There are two options, standard (2-3 stars) and luxury (4 stars)
- Beni Mellal: Hotel Al Bassatine.
- Fez: Riad Dar Fes Medina / Riad Kenza / Dar Mehdi / Hotel Ibis.
- Rabat: Ibis Mousafir / Dar Alia / Dar Aida / Riad Marhaba.
- Beni Mellal: Hotel Les Belles Terrasses / Jnane Ain Asserdoune / Hotel Tazerkount en Afourer (20 km de Beni Mellal).
- Fez: Riad Tafilalet / Riad Cordoba / Riad El Yacout / Hotel Barcelo.
- Rabat: Hotel Rabat (5*) / Hotel Diwan / Riad Dar El Kebira / Riad Kalaa / Dar Zouhour.
Both hotels and tents are double occupancy only, there are no single rooms. You can however ask for a triple room or a family room if you prefer. The standard category rooms have communal showers in the camp, while the superior category rooms have a private bathroom in the haimas and showers in the camp.
Children between 2 and 10 years old have 50% off and infants under 2 do not pay. Please contact us if you would like to book this activity with children up to 10 years old.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 75% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Choose the date and the number of people to see the total activity price.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Private multiple day trip, only for you, your friends and family.
Local English speaking guide in Fez and Volubilis.
Hotel, riad, airport or other meeting point pick up.
Transport by 4x4 or luxury minibus.
English speaking chauffeur.
4 nights accommodation with breakfast.
Fuel, tolls and other similar costs.
All lunches and dinners.
Entrance to the monuments.
When to book?
You can book up until 18 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.