Explore the stunning landscapes of the High Atlas on a private day trip to the picturesque Imlil village and the famous Kik Plateau. An unforgettable experience!
Hop on a 4x4 jeep from your hotel or riad in Marrakech and cross the Agafay Desert, located just an hour’s drive from the city. Stop at the man-made Lalla Takerkoust Lake, whose water runs down from the majestic Grand Atlas Mountains.
Continue your excursion to the settlement of Aguergour, where you will enjoy a Berber tea with a local family who will explain their traditions and way of life. Learn the customs of this nomad village as you explore the breathtaking Kik Plateau.
Next, head to the village of Imlil, located in the high Atlas Mountains, and embark on a walking tour accompanied by an English-speaking guide. Admire the hamlet’s typical buildings, adapted to the rugged landscape of the peaks and then set off on a one-hour tour by mule to get a closer look at this unique scenery. At the end of the ride, you’ll have 60 minutes to try the local dishes of Imlil.
After lunch, climb back on the all-terrain vehicle to head back to Marrakech. During the journey, you will come across various Berber settlements scattered across the mountains.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
This is a private tour organized for you and your partner, friends or family.
|Up to 2 guests||Up to 4 guests||Up to 6 guests|
|English-Speaking Private Tour||
English-Speaking Private Tour
Up to 2 guestsUS$ 247.50
Up to 4 guestsUS$ 315
Up to 6 guestsUS$ 360
The tour is exclusively in English.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport by 4x4 with an English speaking chauffeur.
Berber tea at Aguergour.
English speaking guide at Imlil.
One hour tour by mule in Imlil.
Lunch (10 euros per person approximately)
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (6:00 PM local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.